Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Schools out for SUMMER!


If you are someone interested in attending the Sint Eustatius School of Medicine and have been reading our blog for information about the school and island use the link below to apply.

https://www.applyweb.com/apply/eumed/

Please use my husband, Todd Erickson, as a reference.

We get a credit credit for every person who decides to attend using us as a reference.
 Thank you :)



Well the sad thing is, I’ve been having camera problems!  My one lens would not focus on what I wanted it to and sometimes will not even focus!  Sooooo I’ve attempted to take some pictures with it because I couldn’t use the other one in tight areas because the focus is to close!  But – As I will note in a future Post what solution I have found!  But for now I have a lot of unfocused pictures to share with you!

It was again time for the memorization program done by the SDA school for Jase and Courtney!  This is not just memorizing a poem or something, put this is pages and pages of scripture and song by each class.  Even Courtney!  Of course as the kids get older they have more and more to memorize but even the amount Court does is tons!!

This first picture is Court with from left to right Ncole Mae-Rubya, Courtney & Shammil.  And then Court, Mae-Rubya & Jadernade.


Jase and Sharique.


At the beginning they had a welcoming musical number where some students played the steel pan, and Emelia Beckett played on her violin!  It was pretty awesome I love the steel pan these kids where really good!
From left to right starting in the front:
 Shanae, Daniel, Cefrees, Faith
Middle:
Saadiq, Sharique
Back:
Unknown girl, teacher, Julian.


Here is a picture they were using in the program. It may look familiar to some.


Courtney did a fantastic job of her memorization program and her solo talking part, and the duet, with Saavey, in her class song called “A Mighty Fortress”!!  She is usually shy but she did so well!!  No matter how old your kids get you completely enjoy watching them preform!!



Jase also did really really well!  He had a last minute part to add to his solo verse, where he acted out a guy getting punched!  I think that was the part that was the most fun for him!





This last picture is the whole school singing  a song medley with the songs, ‘Over In The Glory Land,’  ‘It’s a Highway to Heaven’,  and ‘When We All Get To Heaven!’ It was a rock’in swinging song and really fun to hear them sing!  There were multiple parts and harmonies I loved it!


The program was a great success, a little long, we were there for five hours before we were out of there, so that might be taken into consideration for next year?  A wee bit of buttitis, Katie was impressively patient sitting beside me and Todd was able to sneak in the back for the kids acts between studying – so it worked out perfect.

For closing they again had the steel pan.  Sharique was showing Jase the pan and I’ve been trying to convince Jase to take some lessons! That would be so awesome!  We’ll see if I can convince him to take some lessons with Sharique!



Hurray for end of the School Year Parties!!!  That last week of school for Jase and Katie I felt like I lived at the school!  But it was a great week!  I love going there and seeing the kids with their friends and I love being able to have some short but special visits with the children there.  They sooo want attention and someone to hug them and spend some time with them, and I love being able to be there for that!

Courtney’s class had some fun just playing and eating some yummy food!  Their teacher, TR. Cheryl had an appointment that morning and I caught a picture of how happy the kids were to see her bad to school, and it looks like they were happy to get their picture taken also J !





Here is a picture of them all wrapped around my waist!


I adore teacher Debra!  She invited Katie to go along with her class (the one Katie left to go to the terminal school) on some field trips and for their end of the year class party!  She had a wonderful time, and it is so fun to see the connection Katie still has with her classmates!  When she was there for the parties she was sad she wasn’t going there anymore; a lot of mixed emotions for her those last few days, but she is also very happy to be with her friends and teachers at the Terminal school.  I think I goes to show how wonderful her little personality is, that no matter where she is she will love, be loved and fit in with whom ever she is in contact with.

On the field trip the kids were aloud to bring a camera so I let Katie take out little camera to have some fun with her friends.  And here are a choice few that she took!
In the pictures : Sheannie, Mr. Hook, Kadeesha, Shanae .









Katie was sharing with her friends at the end of school party how to be in the proper bra-baa ballet position, and then plea!  It was so fun to watch! Here she is with Rochently and then with Maia.




I took some nice pictures of Katie and Tr. Debra and Maia.



Every year each teacher selects some students from their class who have made great achievements through out the school year in different categories.  Both Jase and Courtney did so well in all their school work and were both given the Mathematician award for their class!  Courtney’s teacher said that she is always the student who can figure out the math problem when no one else in the class can!  Tr. Cheryl loves Courtney and I know Courtney really likes her!

Here’s Courtney getting her award from Principle Lavern and then Tr. Cheryl.





Jase’s teacher said that Jase is very quick in all o f the subjects, and above grade level in everything except Dutch, and had a very successful year! 





I went and hung out with Jase’s class too.


Here is Jase with his best buddies from class.  He has a few older friends who aren’t in this picture because there are in the 6th grade class (Group 8).

From left to right: Sharique, Chevron, Jase & Reginald.  Reginald and his family moved to the island just a few months ago and he doesn’t know a lot of English and Jase has been trying to teach him English and help him with his Dutch as well.  Jase has been a wonderful friend to him and these other boys.


Courntey and her bestest girl buddies!!!  Mae-Rubya  and Jadernade.


  And then it was birthday time!  Mia, and Carolyn, had a party for their birthdays, and Miake joined in for her birthday as well.  They’ve were trying to fill their pool in time for the party but sometime getting water on the island can be tricky especially during the dry season.  But there was just enough for the kids to have some fun!





Party people – So we can remember them!

Katie & Debbie, Roel, Maike, and Matt


Wanda and Birthday Girl Mia.


Birthday Girls Carolyn, Mia and Maike.


The girls were so proud of the gifts they gave to Carolyn and Mia!



The girls just love Mia, and I’m pretty sure the its vice versa!  Mia is so sweet with the kids and they are always asking when can they see Mia again!   The kids and I stayed quite last that night, visiting, playing, doing hair and just enjoying the company.


A couple hours of tree chopping. There’s nothing like chopping down a coconut to have a drink to quench your thirst from the heat of the day!    


More PARTIES!  I love this picture of Lyndsey for her ‘Surprise’ party that she pretty much knew about, but this is a great ‘I’m so surprised” - surprise face!    


And then a fun, fun, fun, dinner with some of the girls! 
Carolyn, Mia, Vonda, Meg, Angie, Katie, Hannah, and of course Lyndsey!





I hope they don’t mind me putting in some of the goofy ones, but they were so funny  - Thanks to Lynds for most of the pictures – due to camera issues!

So at one point I was a serious Zumba Junkie!  I still love Zumba but the time of the class has been so difficult for me I was running around like a crazy screaming mother trying to get out on time to pick people up to go for 7:00pm – 8:00pm right when its time to get kids into bed for them to wake up for school at 6:15am.  It got too crazy so I stopped going.  Since Christmas I went two times – totally LOVED it – but like I said very hard time to go.  But on Lyndsey’s last day she convinced me to go and I was so glad I did.  Rock’in fun time and got a copy of this picture from Lyndsey! 


And Maike – the one in the back on the left – is the instructor, and by golly if you think your instructor is good think again!  This gal would win the Zumba instructor Olympics hands down!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guy's have been having a blast.
    Hope this next school year goes well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete